If I equip Svellsongur to Ahri, Alluring (using Jax to make it Quick-Draw) before my opponent ends their turn, do I score 3 points total when I hold the battlefield (1 for holding, 1 for Ahri's original ability, and 1 for the copied ability from Svellsongur)?

verified
FAQ #10682·asked by 249272437412331520·May 27, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: Yes, you score 3 points total. When Svellsongur is attached to Ahri, Alluring, it copies Ahri's text and grants her a second instance of her triggered ability. When you hold the battlefield, you score 1 point for the hold action itself, then 1 point from Ahri's original "When I hold, you score 1 point" ability, and 1 point from the second instance of that ability granted by Svellsongur.

Nuances:

  • Gear while attached is treated as part of the top card for game purposes, so Svellsongur's copied text creates a second, independent triggered ability on Ahri.
  • Both triggered abilities trigger separately and resolve independently when the hold condition is met.
  • Using Jax to give Equipment Quick-Draw allows you to equip Svellsongur at reaction speed during your opponent's turn, ensuring it's attached when your Beginning Phase arrives.

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.