For the abandoned hall, if I have a unit there and play a flash and my opponent plays a crumbling sands, do I still get the +1 from the spell or because it was countered I don't

verified
FAQ #11859·asked by Manawa·August 20, 2026
Answer

No — you don't get the +1. Crumbling Sands counters Flash, and a countered spell is not considered to have been played (), so Abandoned Hall's "when a player plays a spell" trigger never fires for Flash (FAQ #10646).

One nuance: Crumbling Sands itself is a spell that does resolve, so it will trigger Abandoned Hall — but for the opponent who played it. They get to choose a unit they control there for +1, not your unit. Your Flash, being countered, gives you nothing.

Related Cards

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.