If I have a unit on a battlefield that states "At the start of your beginning phase, Draw 1," and a unit with the ability that states "When I hold Draw 1," what is the sequence the abilities resolve at the start of turn in relation to gaining a point?

verified
FAQ #12001·August 4, 2026
Answer

The "start of Beginning Phase" draw resolves first — before you gain the point. The "when I hold" draw resolves after the point is gained.

Sequence: the Beginning Phase's Beginning Step ("at the start of Beginning Phase" effects, ) comes before its Scoring Step, where you Hold and score the point (). So your start-of-phase draw fully resolves, then you gain the Hold point, then the "when I hold" trigger is placed on the Chain and resolves (, FAQ #7628).

Also note: if both draw triggers came from the same event they'd be ordered by their controllers — but these aren't simultaneous, so the fixed step order applies regardless of card choice.

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.