If I play Rumble, if opponent asks me how many might I have on a battlefield, do I have to tell him with or without apply of shield?

verified
FAQ #12042·August 5, 2026
Answer

You must give them the unit's current Might — which, outside of combat, is without Shield. Shield is "While I am a defender, I have +X Might" (), so it only adds to Might when the unit actually has the Defender designation. A unit sitting on a battlefield isn't a defender, so its current Might is its printed Might plus any active modifiers (buffs, Assault if attacking, etc.).

Two layers here:

  • Current Might is public information — you must answer honestly and accurately (). Answering with Shield added while the unit isn't defending would be misrepresenting public information.
  • What Shield would add if the unit became a defender is derived information — you're not required to compute or volunteer that future consequence (; ). So you can answer "4 Might" and leave it at that.

If combat is already staged and the unit is actually a defender, then Shield is included in its current Might, and that's the number you report.

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.