I have combined 4 Might as a Rengar player and I want to play Kinkou Initiate. Can I draw a card with using Rengar ability or is this ability after I played a card?

verified
FAQ #12231·August 17, 2026
Answer

Yes, you can draw. Both abilities trigger at the same time ("When you play a unit" / "When you play me"), and since you control both, you choose the order they go on the chain ().

Put Kinkou Initiate's draw trigger on the chain first, then Pridestalker's +1 Might on top. The chain resolves top-down, so Rengar's buff lands first — bumping one of your other units to push their total to 5 — and then Kinkou Initiate resolves and checks "your other units have total Might 5 or more" at that moment. That check happens on resolution, not when the card was played, so the buff counts and you draw 1.

Note Kinkou Initiate checks your other units only — its own 3 Might doesn't count toward the 5.

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.