If I hide Sprite Call, can I place the token on another battlefield or in base when I cast the spell?

verified
FAQ #1553·asked by 165393154369912832·December 31, 2025·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: When you play a hidden Sprite Call, you must place the sprite token on the same battlefield where the spell was hidden. You cannot choose a different battlefield or your base.

Nuances:

  • Hidden cards have an additional restriction requiring you to choose the hidden location when determining where to play the card itself
  • This restriction applies even though Sprite Call doesn't target - it still chooses where to play the unit
  • You can alternatively play Sprite Call from your hand by paying its energy cost, which would allow normal placement choices

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.