If an opponent uses Blitzcrank to move my only unit away from a battlefield I control, then I use Ride the Wind during Showdown to move it back, do I score a Conquer point?

verified
FAQ #1848·asked by 216644887540531200·December 31, 2025·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: Yes, you score a Conquer point. You can score Conquer during an opponent's turn as long as you haven't already scored that battlefield this turn.

Sequence:

  • Opponent plays Blitzcrank and targets your lone unit at a battlefield you control
  • Blitzcrank's ability resolves, moving your unit away
  • You lose control of the battlefield (it becomes Uncontrolled during Cleanup)
  • Showdown begins
  • During Showdown, you play Ride the Wind to move your unit back to the original battlefield
  • You gain control and score a Conquer point

Nuances:

  • Conquer can be scored once per battlefield per turn, even during an enemy's turn
  • The battlefield becomes Uncontrolled after Cleanup when it has no units and is not Contested

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.