If I pass focus during a showdown, then my opponent plays a card, do I get another opportunity to gain focus, or am I locked out for passing earlier?

deprecated
FAQ #201·asked by 467016381595123712·December 18, 2025·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: You get focus again after your opponent plays a card. Passing focus is not permanent - players pass focus back and forth until both players pass consecutively without playing any action/reaction cards.

Sequence:

  • Player A passes focus
  • Player B receives focus and plays a card
  • Player A receives focus again and can choose to play a card or pass
  • This continues until both players pass focus consecutively
  • Then the showdown proceeds to cleanup

Nuances:

  • Focus only exists during showdowns, not during other phases of the game
  • Passing focus once does not lock you out of future focus opportunities in that showdown

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Comments are closed on deprecated questions.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Proposals are closed on deprecated questions.