If I play Sabotage and my opponent responds with Defy or Wind Wall, do they have to wait until I choose which card to recycle, or can they counter it immediately? Will I see their hand if they counter it?

verified
FAQ #290·asked by 459915372624216093·December 18, 2025·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: If your opponent counters Sabotage with Defy or Wind Wall, the counter resolves first and Sabotage goes to discard without resolving. You will not see your opponent's hand.

Sequence:

  • Sabotage is played
  • Opponent responds with Defy/Wind Wall
  • Counter resolves first, sending Sabotage to discard
  • Sabotage does not resolve, so no hand is revealed

Nuances:

  • The choice of which card to recycle with Sabotage is not a target
  • The choice is made on resolution, not as an additional cost during finalization

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.