If I respond to Stupify targeting my unit by activating hidden Consult the Past to draw 2 cards, does Consult resolve first, and can I then use a Deny I draw to counter the Stupify before it resolves?

verified
FAQ #3270·asked by 315216320201490433·January 4, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: Yes, when you respond to Stupify by activating Consult the Past, Consult resolves first (drawing you 2 cards), and if you draw a Deny, you can then use that Deny on the Stupify before Stupify resolves.

Sequence:

  • Stupify is played targeting your unit
  • You respond by activating hidden Consult the Past
  • Consult the Past resolves first, you draw 2 cards
  • If you drew a Deny, you can now play it targeting Stupify
  • Stupify would then be countered (or resolve if you don't play Deny)

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.