Can I use an action after a card with 'When I'm played' ability resolves during my opponent's turn?

verified
FAQ #5089·asked by 106168748028743680·January 4, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: No, you cannot play actions on your opponent's turn after a 'When I'm played' ability resolves. You can only play actions on your opponent's turn during showdowns when you have focus.

Sequence:

  • Opponent plays a card with 'When I'm played' ability
  • The ability is placed on the chain
  • You can play reactions before it resolves
  • After it resolves, you do not get an opportunity to play an action

Nuances:

  • You can play reactions before the 'When I'm played' ability resolves
  • Actions can only be played on opponent's turn during showdowns when you have focus

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.