Does Green Yasuo's 'when I attack' ability trigger when he is swapped onto a battlefield using Tideturner while defending (opponent is attacking)?

verified
FAQ #5246·asked by 367304768818905090·January 4, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: Green Yasuo's ability does not trigger in this scenario. The attacker/defender designation is determined by who initiated the contested status on the battlefield, not by which units move onto it. Since the opponent is attacking the battlefield, Yasuo is a defender and does not gain the attacker designation.

Nuances:

  • The player who initiates contested status on a battlefield is the attacker, regardless of which units move onto the battlefield
  • 'When I attack' abilities trigger the first time a unit gains the attacker designation in each combat
  • A unit can gain the attacker designation multiple times in a single combat, but the 'when I attack' ability only triggers the first time per combat
  • A unit can trigger 'when I attack' abilities multiple times per turn if it participates in multiple combats

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.