When Tideturner is played from hidden, does it trigger 'When I Defend' abilities on units that are moved into combat?

verified
FAQ #5379·asked by 598927621933367349·January 4, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: Yes, units that become defenders after combat starts should still trigger their "When I Defend" abilities when moved into combat by Tideturner played from hidden.

Nuances:

  • This does not work with "When I Attack" triggers when playing from hidden, because if you control a hidden card, you control the battlefield and would never be assigned as the attacker
  • The current wording on Tideturner will receive an errata (likely to clarify it can target any unit when revealed from hidden, not just units at the current location)
  • This ruling is based on developer clarification rather than explicit rules text

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.