If I use Pickpocket on my opponent's gold gear and they react by using it, do I still get a gold gear even though I didn't kill theirs?

verified
FAQ #6498·asked by 151426795810455553·January 4, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: No, you do not get a gold gear if the target gear is used in reaction. You must successfully kill the gear to get the gold gear reward.

Nuances:

  • The "if you do" wording on Pickpocket makes killing the gear a requirement for the second effect
  • If the target gear is used in reaction, it becomes an invalid target on resolution, so the Kill action cannot be performed
  • You should target an exhausted gold gear to ensure it cannot be used in reaction
  • You must at least attempt the Kill action (which requires the target to be legal on resolution) to get the gold gear

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.