If I'm holding a zone and my opponent attacks and starts a showdown, and then I reveal a hidden card to win the showdown, do I get a conquer point?

verified
FAQ #6883·asked by 325889497562742784·January 4, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: No, you do not get a conquer point. You only score a battlefield via conquering when you GAIN control of the battlefield, not when you successfully defend a battlefield you already control.

Nuances:

  • Winning a showdown while already controlling a battlefield means you maintain control, but do not reconquer it for a point
  • You can only score a point if you haven't already scored at that battlefield during that turn (either on your turn or your opponent's turn)
  • The rule states that control is only established if you do not already control the battlefield

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.