If Blue Ezreal is attacked and the attacker passes priority, can you use his action to move him to base before his 'when I defend' damage resolves?

verified
FAQ #8149·asked by 284432626750717953·January 4, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: No, you cannot use the action until after Ezreal's 'when I defend' trigger is resolved. The triggered ability goes onto the initial chain and will resolve before either player would have open focus to play an action.

Sequence:

  • When Ezreal defends, his 'when I defend' trigger goes on the initial chain
  • This triggered ability resolves first
  • Only after that chain resolves can you use the action to move him to base
  • While there is an ability on the chain (triggered or otherwise), you can only play reaction speed abilities

Nuances:

  • The 'when I attack/defend' triggers always form the first chain, and once that chain resolves, it goes to the normal chain where you could then use actions

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.