Can Sett use his buff to draw a card from Monastery of Hirana's ability when capturing it, then regain the buff with his 'when I capture' ability?

verified
FAQ #8160·asked by 252248598962503681·January 4, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Ruling: Yes, you can use Sett to capture Monastery of Hirana, stack the triggers to spend a buff to draw a card, and then regain the buff with his "when I capture" ability.

Sequence:

  • Capture Monastery of Hirana with Sett
  • Stack the triggers
  • Spend a buff to draw a card (Monastery trigger)
  • Regain the buff (Sett's "when I capture" trigger)

Nuances:

  • If Sett has damage marked on him equal to his toughness (e.g., 4 damage on a 4 toughness unit), he will die from spending that buff under the new Comprehensive Rules.

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.