If I attack an open battlefield, do I get an Assault 2 trigger?

verified
FAQ #8593·March 12, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

No, you do not receive the Assault bonus when attacking an open (unoccupied) battlefield.

According to the rules and FAQs regarding Assault:

  • Assault is not a trigger: Assault is a passive ability, not a triggered ability. It is either "on" or "off" based on the unit's status.
  • Requires Combat: Assault is functionally short for "While I am an attacker, I have +X [M]." A unit only gains the "Attacker" designation during Combat.
  • Open Battlefields are not Combat: Moving a unit to an open or unoccupied battlefield initiates a non-combat Showdown. Because there is no opposing unit to create a Combat, your unit does not gain the "Attacker" designation.

Since your unit is not designated as an Attacker in a non-combat Showdown, the Assault passive ability does not activate, and the might bonus is not applied.

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.