Does When Move ability resolve instantly?

verified
FAQ #8894·April 9, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

No, "When I move" abilities do not resolve instantly.

According to the rules and FAQs regarding movement:

  • Movement itself is instantaneous: Per , moving is instantaneous and does not use the chain.
  • "When I move" triggers create a chain: Per the FAQ, "When I move" is a triggered ability that is placed on the chain. This gives players an opportunity to react to the trigger once it is on the chain.
  • Resolution: Because these triggers are placed on the chain, they must resolve according to standard chain resolution rules (LIFO - Last In, First Out). They do not resolve instantly at the moment the move occurs.

Additionally, per the FAQ regarding "When I move" triggers and combat:

  • These triggers are finalized during the cleanup phase after a move.
  • If a move triggers an ability, the chain must be empty before any staged Showdown or Combat can begin.

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.