If I have three cards in hand (that includes Dunebreaker)... if I play Dune, would he enter ready or exhausted?

verified
FAQ #9471·April 14, 2026·Rules v1.4·Asked before Vendetta
Answer

Yes, Dunebreaker will enter the battlefield ready in this scenario.

According to the ruling in RiftJudge FAQ #8756, this is a conditional passive ability that is checked at the exact moment the unit enters the board.

Sequence of events:

  1. Playing the card: You start with 3 cards in your hand (including Dunebreaker). You play Dunebreaker.
  2. Paying costs: You pay the energy cost to play the card. Your hand size is now 2 (3 cards minus the Dunebreaker you just played).
  3. Entering the board: Dunebreaker enters the board. At this exact moment, the game checks the condition: "If you have two or fewer cards in your hand, I enter ready."
  4. Condition Check: Because you have 2 cards remaining in your hand, the condition "two or fewer" is met, and Dunebreaker enters the battlefield ready.

Does this answer look correct?

0
Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.