For the newly revealed concert poster. Am I able to create a recruit token, then activate Jarvan ability to move the recruit to the battlefield that concert poster was deployed to?

unverified
FAQ #12746·asked by KenDog·September 30, 2026
Answer

I can't give you a definitive ruling on this one — neither "Concert Poster" nor any Jarvan legend/ability is in my card database or FAQ/rules sources (I searched name, tags, and errata), so I don't have the actual card text to evaluate. If it's a freshly revealed card from a set that hasn't been ingested yet, I have nothing authoritative to reason from.

What I can tell you are the general checkpoints, so you know what to verify on the real text:

  • A Recruitment token is a real unit for movement purposes — "1 [M] Recruit" is a domainless unit token with 1 Might (Rule 187.1), so any effect that says "move a unit you control" can target it just like a card unit. Tokens being tokens is not a barrier.
  • Tokens must first be created/played at a valid location (your Base or a battlefield you control), then moved by the second ability — the create step and the move step are separate, and the move is subject to normal destination legality (you can't move a unit into a battlefield with units from two other players, Rule 449.2).

The one thing I'd need the real card text for is whether Concert Poster's "deploy" gives a permission, restriction, or replacement effect over that battlefield — that's exactly the kind of wording that decides this, and I won't guess at it. If you can point me at the printed text (or it gets added to my sources), I'll rule on it properly.

Does this answer look correct?

0

Sign in as an arbiter with more than 50 reputation to verify answers. Learn more →

Comments (0)

No comments yet.

Log in to comment.

Open Proposals (0)

No pending proposals.

Log in to propose edits.